Christmas Movie Countdown: #1


We here we are at the finale. Some may think it's a cop-out to go with this movie as #1 but I am a true advocate for this being the best holiday film ever.

In real life there aren't always good times, it's not how reality is. This movie beautifully reflects that. Also, a lot of people don't give older films the respect they deserve and to a certain degree I'm still one of those people but I'm trying to fix that.

Once again I'll leave IMDb to provide a summary that is short and sweet, besides I'm sure you've all already seen it.

An angel helps a compassionate but despairingly frustrated businessman by showing what life would have been like if he never existed.

I could throw a bunch of names at you but it won't really mean anything. I would like to note that this is the origin of the characters of Ernie and Bert from Sesame Street, or at least I assume so. It's hard to think it would come from anywhere else.

This is my favourite holiday movie because it reminds us of the strength of the love of family and friends. Greed seems an overpowering theme in the world but love can prevail and I truly believe that. It's a cute story and shows us that life isn't always easy but we can make it through when we have those who support and love us. 

So I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Comments

Popular Posts