Christmas Movie Countdown: #10

So I've been slacking on these, partly due to studying, but mainly due to procrastination but I'm going to get these done before Christmas which is fast approaching. 

So here we are at the start of my Top 10. I hope you get as much joy from watching these as I do.


I love this timeless Dr. Seuss holiday classic (but not the Jim Carrey version which was sadly sub-par, despite being live-action which I always wanted to see). It's a great story that I'm sure everyone has been watching since they were kids. I know that one day, when I have kids of my own, they'll still be watching this.

Again too lazy to write much myself here's the abstract from IMDb:

Bitter and hateful, the Grinch is irritated at the thought of the nearby village having a happy time celebrating Christmas. So disguised as Santa Claus, with his dog made to look like a reindeer, he raids the village to steal all the Christmas things. The village is sure to have a sad Christmas this year.

The only notable names involved are Boris Karloff, who voiced the Grinch himself as well as provided the narration, and June Foray, voicing Mary Lou Who, has a long list of voice acting roles which I mentioned briefly in my post for #25 on the list.

You probably have seen Karloff's face before (at least with makeup on) though you may not realize it. Karloff is best known for playing Frankenstein's Monster in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1931) and Bride of Frankenstein (1935).  

So now that exams and work are starting to wrap up, kick up your feet and watch an old classic. Besides you'll only need to take half an hour out of your day to do it. 


Comments

Popular Posts